Santa Barbara Infrared’s Nightingale Body Temperature Reference (BTR) blackbody systems provide a stable, uniform, low cost and simple to operate thermal source for human body temperature detection. Nightingale sources are primarily designed to be incorporated into COVID-19 related thermal imaging body temperature screening systems. The Nightingale Body Temperature References work by providing a viewable thermal reference area for infrared (thermal) camera systems to detect fevers in those being tested for Coronavirus. The Nightingale BTR source features “set and forget” configuration. An operator simply configures the reference source through the USB interface and stores the set point into non-volatile memory. After configuration, the blackbody automatically controls to the set point upon each power up. A status LED visually indicates when the reference is stable and ready for use as a calibration source. The Nightingale’s performance has been optimized for a range of absolute temperature set points and ambient conditions that are required by most body temperature screening systems. The Nightingale BTR source is IEC 80601-2-59 compliant.
- IEC 80601-2-59 standard complaint
- 30°C to 45°C (86°F to 113°F) Settable Temperature Range Above Ambient
- 3” Square Emitting Aperture
- Temperature Accuracy of ±0.15°C (±0.3°F)
- ±0.05°C (±0.1°F) Temperature Stability
- Configurable to Celsius or Fahrenheit
- “Set & Forget” Temperature Programming
- No Separate Controller Required
- 1/4-20″ Tripod Mounting Features
- USB Communication Interface
SBIR offers custom mounts for your testing application. Below are a few examples of either a single point setup that can be mounted to a walled-partition or a 2-point NUC setup. Call or email us to discuss your mounting needs.
Please find below a dimensional outline drawing for the Nightingale BTR body temperature reference source. Click the link below for a larger view.
Specifications subject to change without prior notice
|Available Sizes||3” square aperture|
|Temperature Range (must be above ambient)1,5||30˚C to 45˚C (86˚F to 113˚F)1,5|
|Emissivity||> 0.95 (3µm to 14µm)|
|Uniformity2||± 0.15˚C (± 0.3˚F) over central 1.5” x 1.5” region of interest2|
|Absolute Accuracy2||± 0.15˚C (± 0.3˚F)2|
|Stability3||± 0.05˚C (± 0.1˚F)3|
|Setpoint Resolution||0.1˚C (0.2˚F)|
|Startup Time||<5 minutes|
|Ambient Temperature Sensor||0˚C to 50˚C ± 2˚C (32˚F to 122˚F ±3.6˚F|
|Relative Humidity Sensor||0 to 100%, ±5% R.H.|
|Operating Temperature||22˚C ± 6˚C (71.6˚F ± 10.8˚F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20˚C to 70˚C (-4˚F to 158˚F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95%, non-condensing|
|Maximum Power Consumption||18V, 1A, DC max. AC adaptor included|
|Approx. Blackbody Weight||1.5 lbs (with peripherals), <1 lb. reference source only)|
1. Fahrenheit values listed are rounded to nearest 0.10˚F value based on Celsius spec
2. Accuracy verified in lab against radiometric reference at 37˚C set point
3. Stability is based on temperature sensor output
4. Dimensions are for reference only. All dimensions are in inches. Parenthetical values are in millimeters.
5. Temperature should be at least 5˚C above ambient for optimal performance.
* Specifications subject to change without prior notice
Download & Print PDF Datasheet
Nightingale BTR Source 3d models for download:
Please contact the SBIR sales team at (805) 965-3669 or via email@example.com to ensure the proper part number is ordered and to receive a formal quotation.
Information subject to change without notice.